At ICS, we aim to create well-rounded individuals who are not only academically competent but also emotionally intelligent, socially responsible and capable of leading fulfilling and meaningful lives that is pleasing to Allah (SWT).
At ICS, we:
At ICS, we:
- Utilize the holistic learning approach to focus on the whole child and their overall well-being
- Recognize and appreciate each child's unique strengths, interests and learning styles
- Maintain a small teacher to student ratio to individualize learning for each of our students
- Center God within the curriculum and emphasize moral and ethical values by following the teachings of our beloved Prophet (PBUH) and his family, to guide students in making responsible decisions and developing a strong sense of social responsibility.
- Encourage students to become positive contributing members of their community
- Foster critical thinking skills within the curriculum
What is Holistic Learning?
The Holistic approach considers each child’s physical, emotional, spiritual, social and intellectual needs and develops each of these areas.
It encompasses activities and strategies that aim to enhance a student’s gross and fine motor skills, coordination, and overall physical health. Less downtime at their seats is replaced with hands-on activities, team projects and structured exercises throughout the day.
Nurturing and supporting students’ emotional well-being and their ability to understand, manage, and express their emotions effectively. Developing a child’s emotional intelligence includes recognizing and understanding what you’re feeling, as well as empathizing with the emotions of others. ICS provides a safe and caring space for students to express their feelings, encouraging open communication and teaching strategies for managing emotions constructively.
At ICS our teachers promote mindfulness, self-awareness and foster qualities like compassion and connectedness to oneself and their Creator by bringing a God- centered awareness to the classroom. Students will learn meaningfully, encouraging personal growth and exploring our purpose in life.
Students will learn how to form and maintain positive relationships, communicate clearly, collaborate with peers and understand social norms and expectations. At ICS we offer a supportive and inclusive learning environment that fosters positive interactions among students. Students are encouraged to engage with their peers through group assignments and team building activities. They will be taught effective communication skills to express themselves and be given guidance on resolving conflicts in a constructive and respectful manner, promoting empathy and understanding.
A child’s growth and refinement in their cognitive abilities, mental processes and thinking skills involves enhancing critical thinking, problem-solving, creativity, analytical reasoning and information processing. This will be accomplished through engaging learning experiences, challenging tasks, and an exposure to a wide range of topics. We encourage curiosity, inquiry and independent thinking.